For a change, only photos. Of Bembeya Jazz performing in the Melkweg, Amsterdam, yesterday. As a Guinean living in the Netherlands commented: "They're better than Baobab".
Baobab make different music. And Baobab was reunioned much later for the european public. - I read once they passed the time in the 70s when the music changed in Senegal.
I saw Bembeya Jazz once in Liège (B), was very nice, but at the end you could feel it was refurbished music... I wish to have seen them 20 years ago in Amsterdam.
3 comments:
If you look very closely you can see he really does have diamond fingers!
Baobab make different music. And Baobab was reunioned much later for the european public. - I read once they passed the time in the 70s when the music changed in Senegal.
I saw Bembeya Jazz once in Liège (B), was very nice, but at the end you could feel it was refurbished music... I wish to have seen them 20 years ago in Amsterdam.
He's one of the greatest guitarists ever.
Post a Comment