September 27, 2008

Bantous on Stenco

Here are a few EPs and a single from the mid-1960s from the Bantous orchestra from Brazzaville. I am sure I'll come back to this great orchestra in future posts. These tracks have in common that they were all recorded for the Stenco label. The EPs were released on Pathé and are three of a series of five. I am hoping someone has the other two and is willing to share these with us.... (please).
Stenco B3104
Pathé EG 758
Pathé EG 798
Pathé EG 839

Even the sleeves are classics, don't you think?

EDIT: April 12, 2015: combined file...

11 comments:

Matt Temple said...

Nice blog...all the best...Hope you don't mind me linking you at http://matsuli.blogspot.com?

WrldServ said...

Of course not! I'll put up a link to your site, which I have been following for some time, as well.

aduna said...

Great entry! I'm impatient to listen the follow. Feel free to visit aduna.blog.
Best.

zim said...

fantastic stuff, thank you

WrldServ said...

I'll post some more Bantous (and others) in the near future.

moos said...

Big Up! very nice blog indeed. I just linked you at Global Groove.
many thanks..

avocado kid said...

I dig the covers! As you'll see i've used one on my blog...

WrldServ said...

I don't think I know your blog...(?)

Jaime said...

Is there any chance you could re-activate the links for these beautiful ep's? If they only sound half as good as they look, they must still be a real pleasure to the ears. Thank you for your wonderful work.

WrldServ said...

@Jaime: Thanks for making me aware of this!!!

All things considered I am very surprised (perhaps even disappointed) that nobody pointed this out to me before. These are really fantastic - and very rare - EP's.....

Jaime said...

Really fantastic indeed... These songs will accompany me (and my young family!) for a long, long time. Fantastic.